Paws and Prayers needs volunteers! Our volunteers help us provide the best care to our animals, create a friendly atmosphere at events, and help us help the communities we serve. We are glad that you have considered giving your time and talent to the care and socialization of orphaned pets and to helping generate awareness for our causes! We are so excited to have you! Check out all of the volunteer opportunities below and, when you’re ready, fill out a volunteer application!
General Volunteer Requirements:
Paws and Prayers volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. We also have opportunities for groups of volunteers under the age of 16 and they must be accompanied by a troop leader/parent/legal guardian while performing service hours.
All volunteers are required to sign a release form and complete training for the position you are interested in.
Volunteers are welcomed when they are available, but we do ask that you work with a coordinator to set a schedule so that we know the animals always get attention when needed.
Note: Paws and Prayers does not discriminate on the basis of age, but not all opportunities are available to everyone based on age for insurance and safety related reasons.
Foster parents are volunteers that help us save lives! As a foster, you are the most important leg of delivering animals to their forever homes. Our fosters are matched with a foster pet that best suits their lifestyle (you are never asked to foster an animal you are not involved in choosing) and see the animal through to adoption. We cover all expenses. Visit our Foster for Us page for more information.
Assists with making our felines and canines truly happy! Cat socialization and dog walking of office animals is in need! Other times, the office needs help being kept organized and cleaned. Administrative help is needed occasionally. Those looking to work exclusively with dogs should consider volunteering at events or fostering.
Event attendants help us in several ways; often times, we need help getting animals to adoption events (and holding them while at the event), setting up tables, or speaking with the public all to generate more exposure. This position functions on an as-needed basis.
Often times, we need help transporting animals. Sometimes, animals need transported to the vet, other times, we need assistance transporting them from an animal control facility to our rescue. Transporters literally save lives! Proof of valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance required.
Looking to get your group involved? We have some great fundraising opportunities for groups that can be done on your schedule. Contact us for more details or with questions!
- Host a Donation Drive – Check out our needed items on our Amazon Wish List and our website.
- Host a Bake Sale – Bake and raise funds, or try a bake-off that your patrons vote on the winner.
- Host a Balloon Raffle – You need a pack of balloons, raffle tickets, and a prize (that would be up to your group to select/purchase). Place raffle tickets inside the balloons before you blow them up. People pay $1 (or whatever amount you decide) to pop a balloon and collect the raffle ticket. The person with the winning raffle ticket gets the prize.
- Sell Donation Valentines (or other seasonal paper cut-out like snowflakes, snowmen, etc.) – Gather donations for Valentines and write the donor’s name on the Valentine. Post Valentines at your school, workplace, or community center.
- Host a Yard Sale – Sell used items and treasures, donating proceeds to P&P.
- Teacher in Jail – Raise funds to get your favorite teacher out of “jail” (teacher’s lounge or classroom).
- Host a Scavenger Hunt – Develop a scavenger hunt and charge an entry fee to be donated.
- Collect and Donate New or Used Pillows – We use these to make our famous dog beds!
- Host a Craft Making Party – Make toys or blankets for animals (search the web for for ideas and instructions).
- Special Occasion Celebration – Ask for animal gifts or monetary donations instead of receiving personal gifts for your birthday or other special occasion.
- Create a Silent Auction Basket for Paws Vegas Fundraiser
- Stuff Eggs for Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Fill plastic eggs with individually wrapped candy.
- Help-O-Ween – Instead of gathering candy in plastic pumpkins, gather monetary donations or items from our wish list.
Paws and Prayers is always seeking out individuals with special skills who would like to volunteer. Are you a dog trainer, photographer, marketing guru, graphic designer, fundraiser or grant-writer? Do you have connections with area businesses? Do you have other special talents that would help us grow in the community? If you do, please share them! We would love to hear about what you feel you can contribute to our group!